As the Mexican Day of the Dead celebration approaches, Alex is skittish. He should be excited but his grandma’s creepy conversations with returning spirits is nerve-racking. Some say she is a witch and Alex is beginning to believe it. However, the discovery of grandpa’s sketchbook could change his mind.
- 170 unique words plus many cognates
- 44 pages of text
- written in present tense and some parts in past tense
- contains original black & white photographs of Mexican daily life and the Día de los Muertos
- Neutral Spanish with several Latin-American characteristics: more use of personal pronouns than in Spain, and the use of 'ustedes' instead of 'vosotros'.
- setting: Ciudad Mante, Mexico
Buy the audio book to accompany this book, so you can listen while you read and improve your comprehension and pronunciation! Get your discount with the discount package!
Information for teachers
To prepare your classes for this book, use the practical teacher’s guide. Get your discount with a Teacher’s discount package!
Would you like to order a set of 20 of more copies* for your class? We will give you a 10% discount (for 20 or more copies of the same title). Please, order the novels via e-mail. Due to relatively small stock numbers, please allow 2-3 weeks for your order.
*All books and novels are copyright protected, which means that copying this book for use in your classroom is not permitted.