Two versions under one cover! Novice High (written in 1st person singular and past tense) and Intermediate Low (written in 3rd person singular and past tense).
What if we could UNsee an event? What if we could UNexperience a tragedy? For 14 year old Brayan that would mean an end to his fear and paranoia and the return to his home, friends and family. Unfortunately, what Brayan has witnessed has left him alone and fleeing for his life. Will the hope of a better life far beyond the borders of Guatemala be enough to keep him safe?
This is the true story of Brayan’s struggle for survival and his quest to rebuild a new life after losing everything.
- 198 Unique Words (Novice-high) and 300 Unique Words (Intermediate-low)
- 68 pages of text (Novice-high) and 64 pages of text (Intermediate-low)
- written in past tense
- Neutral Spanish with several characteristics of Guatemalan Spanish, like the use of 'vos' and verb forms like 'cerrá' (=cierre), 'entrés' (=entra, entres)
- illustrated in graphic novel style
- setting: Guatemala, Mexico and the US
Information for teachers
Would you like to order a set of 20 of more copies* for your class? We will give you a 10% discount (for 20 or more copies of the same title). Please, order the novels via e-mail. Due to relatively small stock numbers, please allow 2-3 weeks for your order.
*All books and novels are copyright protected, which means that copying this book for use in your classroom is not permitted.