Two versions in one cover! One version for pre-intermediate learners starting from the front cover, but if you start reading from the back the reading will be more demanding and suited for learners at an intermediate level.
You are sure to be amazed and inspired by the incredible stories of these six extraordinary women!
- When a crippling illness attacked Beatrice ‘Bebe’ Vio’s body, she struggled not to let it destroy her passion for the sport she had once dominated and loved.
- Yusra Mardini pursued her passion of swimming in spite of living amid violence, war, and instability.
- Although strict laws forbade it, Sonita Alizadeh used her mind and her voice to speak up for herself and other Afghan girls.
- Irena Sendler risked her own life to save the lives of thousands of Jewish babies when Nazi Germany invaded Poland.
- War heroine, Petra Herrera, wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer when she was forbidden from fighting alongside males during the Mexican Revolution.
- Clemantine Wamariya used the horrors that she endured during the Rwandan genocide of the Tutsi people to become a powerful advocate for refugees worldwide.
- novice level: 215 unique words
- intermediate level: 280 unique words
- written in past tense
- Neutral Spanish with several Latin-American characteristics: more use of personal pronouns than in Spain, and the use of 'ustedes' instead of 'vosotros'.
- setting: various countries worldwide, in various historical periods
- contains a list of links to more information about the portrayed women
Information for teachers
Would you like to order a set of 20 of more copies* for your class? We will give you a 10% discount (for 20 or more copies of the same title). Please, order the novels via e-mail. Due to relatively small stock numbers, please allow 2-3 weeks for your order.
*All books and novels are copyright protected, which means that copying this book for use in your classroom is not permitted.