Milo and his friends are after the absolutely coolest club on campus -- but little did they know that the queen of the Robotics Club is the horrible Mrs. Bell! Will Milo manage to get his friends to the competition and make sure Mrs. Bell gets her just desserts too?
- first-year Chinese reader
- <175 unique characters, <250 headwords
- 118 pages of text ( = 59 for the story, in two versions)
- simplified characters and pinyin
- pinyin appears on the following page, coordinated with the previous page's characters, but is not visible during reading of characters
- contains a glossary Chinese-English
Information for teachers
A true first-year reader that uses high-frequency vocabulary! Milo youchoubibao can be read after during the first year of most middle school/high school Chinese programs. This easy reader for new readers of Chinese as a foreign or second language concentrates on the highest-frequency words and characters while telling an unpredictable and interesting story. Milo and his friends get into trouble (and sometimes back out of it?) in less than 175 unique characters.
Find out more about teaching Chinese through novels and comprehensible input at Terry Waltz's blog and Ignite Language.
Would you like to order a set of 20 of more copies* for your class? We will give you a 10% discount (for 20 or more copies of the same title). Please, order the novels via e-mail. Due to relatively small stock numbers, please allow 2-3 weeks for your order.
*All books and novels are copyright protected, which means that copying this book for use in your classroom is not permitted.